Welcome to the International Legends of Honor forum, brave Warriors!

fighting mechanics

I would really like to learn something more about this. For example I see players using only
one kind of troops, I think you shoud use all three.
Maybe there is someone out there who knows and how the fights are handled by the game.

Thanks.

Comments

• Habakuk (NL1)Habakuk (NL1) Member Posts: 73
    Guess this is classified information haha
  • Raffles (US1)Raffles (US1) Member Posts: 335

Most of this information is available on the troop information page/windows. Tells you what kind of terrain they are good on, defense strength, attack strength, and stamina (how hard it is to kill them).

The strategy is in using that information to plan your attacks, and prepare your defenses. Not classified, but more a matter of individual preference.

Also, your strength is altered by many things: honor level, university research, troop updates, hero level, et cetera.

• Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 225
    Basically, swordsmen are good on defence cav are good bombers and archers are in between.

How the actual fighting works, I can only speculate, since only good games would know. (and the bigger number doesn't always win)
    okay, thanks guys
  • kapn_jack (US1)kapn_jack (US1) Member Posts: 62
    ..if i told ya u might beat me ..then i'd have to kill ya  >:)  B)
  • Jillian (NL1)Jillian (NL1) Member Posts: 224
    edited 30.05.2016
    infantry tends to work most efficient in most cases. Also, your hero will end up with the most visible fighting power if you fill it with infantry.

even so,cavalry can hold loads of resources which can come in handy on farms. Also they do tons of damage. I haven't had a chance to properly test it yet but I assume that on a castle thats 5-6 million worth of defence; you'll need multiple hits. And cavalry will probably deal a lot more damage there then that infantry will do in the first couple of waves.

Archers/ranged is as said before in between infantry and cavalry. I've concluded they also work fine for farming fear, alltho I still prefer infantry over ranged.

For killing marauders I used to use a combination of cavalry and infantry, which worked really well aswell. It just got annoying for some reason (having 2 kind of troops in hospital is annoying :P)

very helpful, thanks .
    edited 31.05.2016
    ok, but at some games it is explained in depth eg round 1 infantry attacks round two cavalry etc and how the wounded are handeld etc
    Post edited by Habakuk (NL1) on
    edited 31.05.2016
    everything attacks in every round here.

its just that cavalry has such little hitpoints that they die in trucks, infantry on the other hand doesn't die that much. 

I imagine that Cavalry is really good if you have a (really big) overkill; (like, 10 to 1 lol). 

Basically said, infantry is just too strong at the moment. Even if the target castle is on a hill (15% cavalry offense bonus) i'm quite confident that infantry will still be more efficient. Not to mention, focussing on leveling several kind of troops is quite annoying early on, once you reach the cap of what you can level them too, ofcourse the gap diminishes. 

You can ofcourse level them all evenly, and split your army in all 3 kind of troops depending on the occasion, but then in defense you won't have the "full" 15% defense bonus.

oh by the way, the 15% bonus in offense/defense is so little if you take into account all the bonuses you get from other things. like research, fear, honor and boosters. As far as I've noticed these bonuses are added together (15%+5%+10% etc), and not multiplicative 

Do note, that nothing here is confirmed, its all from experience and thought.  Just try things out and see how it works for you. Alltho I do really advise to only do marauders with infantry. If you need loads of coins, use level II infantry and not level III.  If i do marauders with II infantry I get so much more coins per X amount of fear.

• Rambo4 (US1)Rambo4 (US1) Member Posts: 225
    edited 31.05.2016
    To put it in short form.
    -Infantry good at basically everything except for damaging big castles that you can't 1 round(better for the finishing hit)
    -Cavalry best at dive bombing big castles to weaken them
    -Archers are ..ok but you'd have to do some intense math to find out a scenario where either cav or infantry doesn't outclass them entirely

also, cav will do more damage than any other no matter the tile bonus, when weakening big castles.
    ^ this sounds completely accurate to my findings.

even though I haven't been able to seriously test it due to a lack of big castles to hit
    And again thanks to all for explaining :)
Sign In to comment.